Your fridge is your Buddy – a lean Girls & Guys Best Friend!
Protein packed bites; on-the-go snacks or quickly add some protein to meals in a flash and a staple in the fridge to stay on track! Make double batches for a full weeks worth.
For Meatball Sizing:
A LEAN “Cocktail Meatball” size has 1/2 of the below ***However, we chose to display the caloric breakdown for a slightly larger small LEAN ball -so popping one to two is a quick satisfying size snack
There are 37 calories in 1 small meatball of Lean or Extra Lean Ground Beef Meatballs. Calorie breakdown: 60% fat, 0% carbs, 40% protein.
Calories- 37 * Fat- 2.41g * Carbs- 0g * Protein- 3.57g
* 1 package of LEAN Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken or Ground Ostrich
* 1 Jalapeño
* 1 Egg
* 1 Red Onion
* A-1 Sauce
* 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
* Chia Seeds
*Steel Cut Oats
When working with mixing meat or really any ingredients in a large bowl – hands are best! We LOVE WINCO Food Preparation Gloves a staple in the kitchen! We also love our simple Cuisinart Hand Chopper – quick easy & no mess!
1. Always take your meat out of the fridge and let sit on the counter to reach room temperature – this will keep oven and cooktop temperatures at the correct consistant degrees to begin the cooking process – plus for this one your hands won’t chill during your mixing process!
2. Oven to 375*
3. Finely Chop (or throw it all in your hand chopper): 1/4 red onion, 1/2 jalapeño and 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
4. In large bowl add: ground meat, 1 egg, chopped ingredients, seeds, 1/2 cup of A-1 Sauce
5. With your hands combine all the ingredients – add small amount of sprinkles of the Steel Cut Oats to bind as needed – (very small handful)
6. Foil a cookie sheet, spray non-stick if desired – begin rounding table spoon size balls with your hands and place small rounded meatballs on your cookie sheet. ***Remember your meat must be lean – this avoids the greasy fatty drips on your cookie sheet, in your oven and off your body!
7. Bake for 35 minutes! While your waiting enjoy a quick SEXY workout
8. Cool to room temperature, store in tupperware containers and enjoy moderately – great for a bite after workouts or when feeling sluggish or instead of grabbing chips before bed!