This will be a family fave, a company worthy dish, but still weeknight simple! Make extra for protein packed lunches or adding to salads.
* 3-4 large chicken breasts, either buy thin sliced or place in large zip lock bag and pound until evenly thin, about 1/2 inch.
* 2 lemons
* Olive Oil
* Salt and Pepper
* 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
* dry white wine
Heavy cast iron pan. If you don’t own one of these you need one. Pick one up at Target for around $20.00. Follow theses instructions for seasoning your cast iron pan properly and you will have this for life. Cardinal rule for cast iron: Never use soap! The benefit to using this pan is it gets super hot for searing, adds iron to your diet, and doesn’t require a lot of fat when cooking.
1. Place your flattened chicken breasts in a plastic bag with the juice of one lemon, 1 T olive oil, 2 crushed garlic cloves, and salt and pepper. Let sit for one hour or overnight.
2. Heat 1 T. olive oil in a cast iron pan on high heat until smoking.
3. Place chicken breasts in pan- SIZZLE! Expect a little popping from the lemon hitting the oil.
4. Turn chicken after 3-4 min if it looks golden brown on the underside.
5. After cooking other side for 4-5 min turn heat down. Squeeze juice of another lemon all over. Season with a little more salt and pepper.
6. Check for doneness by cutting into a piece just a little. If all pink is gone, remove to a plate. If not, tent pan with foil and cook a little more.
7. After chicken is removed, add 2 chopped cloves of garlic, cook for 30 sec., and add 1/2- 1 C white wine and a couple spoonfuls of capers. Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, over med heat, scraping brown bits off the bottom of the pan, until wine has reduced by half. You should be left with about 1/4 cup of rich lemony thin stock. Drizzle this over chicken.
8. Pour yourself some of the wine and wait for compliments!