Snacks! They can derail a healthy day of eating or tide you over till the next meal without breaking the calorie bank! But as we all know sometimes when you want to dive into the chips a carrot stick isn’t going to cut it! Here are 7 snack ideas that are hearty and satisfying enough to make you feel like you’re really eating, and they’re tasty and healthy!
- 1/2 cup of onion dip made with non fat Greek yogurt (Fage is great) and unlimited raw veggies, like cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, cauliflower, celery….
- 2 slices deli turkey, 1 ultra thin slice of cheese (like Sargento extra thin, 35 calories), mustard, and a pickle spear wrapped in lettuce.
- 1 egg, hard boiled or fried with non stick spray, sprinkled with garlic salt and pepper.
- 1 foil packet of solid white tuna (it’s 80 calories, jump up and down 10 times and it will be 70 ;) ) mixed with mustard or hot sauce.
- 1/2 C Barbaras peanut butter puffins cereal (also great if you’re craving something sweet, a 3/4 C serving is only 110 calories), mixed with 2 T mini dark chocolate chips.
- 2 wedges laughing cow lite cheese (35 cal each) spread on cucumber slices.
- A big handful of arugula or salad greens, 1/3 sliced chicken breast, tossed with rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper.